As stated in my previous blog entry, theres a catch-22 afflicting yoga culture in Ottawa. Reflecting further on ways to remedy the traps of the heart we can encounter on our yoga journey, I’ve come up with the following so far. Obviously I did not come up with this alone, but with discussions, learning from and interactions with others and a personal experience. Please add to it in the comments if you see other ways we can liberate ourselves from the trap of Yoga-Perfect over Yoga-Practice! Together we grow!
1. Use yoga to discover the Perfection of the Universe, not to ascribe to and prove the idea of perfect limited to only what your mind can imagine.
2. Co-create with the Universe the connection you seek with others. Smiling is the most basic human expression of this invitation.
3. Perpetrators of violence in all its forms are suffering too. Liberate them by liberating your mind of the dichotomy of a toxic relationship. Know your worth.
4. Ignorance becomes painful to the ego when mindful forces call your awareness to the harm your ignorance was causing to self and others. Know your self worth is untouchable, then leap, with all the gratitude that will bubble up, into the opportunity to live easier and better.
5. And to the irremediably violent and aggressive (in a given instant), I love myself more than your ignorance on how to love and care for yourself.
6. Do not use the body to get into the pose. Use the Pose to ger into your Body (-Bernie Clark, “Yin Yoga”)